Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tablescapes

Since Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, I thought I would share some of my favorite tablescapes. Thank you to Macy's on State Street and AB Home at High Point Market for sharing these wonderful ideas!


I love the winter mix of this display by Macy's. There was enough wood to give it an organic look and then they added some sparkle on the candles.  You could add your own touch of painted twigs or add a 2" cut of wood (I got some from my neighbor when they cut down a tree) for a very natural charger.


 On this table, natural pebbles act as a mock runner.  The cut crystal against the natural pebbles are an interesting juxtaposition of textures.

With the addition of succulents which are a hot trend. I saw them incorporated in all kinds of arrangements at market.



I love this color of green.  This color works well any time of year, during the fall when we still want to see some green and in the spring when we watch nature come to life. The swans and black wire pair nicely with the cut glass candle sticks.  The dinnerware had a little crown at the top of each plate and mercury glass candle holders added sparkle. This was at the AB Home showroom but look for similar items in Kansas City.


This fun display was at Macy's on State Street.   Sorry, I will always remember the store as Marshall Fields. Again, I loved the fresh look of the green and white.  Those are balsa wood airplanes hanging from fishing line hovering above!

I hope these pictures give you a spring board to your own style this year.  Don't be afraid to mix color and texture  and add a little sparkle.

Stay inspired and thankful,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment